This is one of those easy, yummy recipes that is always a hit. It is also one of Marilu's (Michael's sister) "signature" dishes. And by signature dishes, I mean, well, let's just say that she freely admits that she is not famous for the wide and varied things that she fixes. They may not be numerous, but man are they good!
So, to prevent myself from having to ask her for this recipe yet again, I am posting it here!
2 bags of frozen hash brown potatoes (the little square chucks, not the shredded ones)
1 stick butter
4 cups shredded cheese
8 ounces sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup.
Salt (or garlic salt) and pepper to taste
Combine all of the above ingredients and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Note: you can also top with corn flakes, but I have never bothered with this, but it is certainly good with them.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I make this about the same way except for I use cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom. Like Marilu, it is my "signature" dish in our family circle!
ReplyDelete