Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken

Since we last spoke, I have done some more cooking! Yipee!

Yesterday, I put the Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken in. The link is from the A Year of CrockPotting blog. Kiy first pointed me to this blog - I hope to find lots of inspiration from it and use the Crockpot more.

Maybe I was expecting too much. Michael and I both though it was okay, but not fabulous. I will try it again someday, with no soda, less sugar, more garlic and more soy sauce. And maybe a pinch of red or black pepper. It is certainly not bad, and the leftovers today at lunch were better than last night's dinner, but it was just not quite there.

On Friday, I stopped for groceries after work and found the deal of the day - the small clamshells (maybe 6 ounces) of blackberries for a dollar!!! I bought every one that they had - they were super fresh and Olivia was eating them like crazy. Last night I made a blackberry cobbler - I used Bisquick and it was was just okay. I seriously need a good cobbler recipe - anyone???? Then today, Michael and I used the rest of them and made 8 1/2 pints of blackberry jam!

2 comments:

  1. OH...I was excited to see something posted, but it if was just OK...I'll skip it. I am procrastinating my grocery list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the horseradish scalloped potato from the A Year of Crockpotting blog tonight. It was so, so yummy. I used Idaho Russet Potatoes instead of the Red, and I threw the parmesan cheese in with everything else instead of sprinkling it on at the end (I didn't read the directions carefully enough) but they were still awesome. I couldn't figure out how to link you over there but they are worth search for and bringing over here.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts: