I haven't tried this yet - once I do, I will go back and add my notes. Click on the title link for notes from the Year of Crockpotting.
Crockpot Chex Party Mix - from the Year of Crockpotting blog
--5 Cups General Mills Rice Chex Cereal
--1-2 cups of dry roasted peanuts (salted or not, your choice)
--2 cups pretzel sticks
--1/2 t onion powder
--1/2 t seasoned salt
--3 T butter
--1 1/2 T Worcestershire Sauce
The Directions.
--put the butter into the bottom of your crockpot
--turn it on low
--add the onion powder and seasoned salt
--add the Worcestershire sauce
--add dry ingredients
--stir. if the butter is still clumpy, it's okay
--cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring every 45 min or so
Dump out onto a cookie sheet to cool.
Serve and enjoy.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BTW, I always make sure the butter is melted. Probably just me. :) Also, we like ours with a bit more kick (and Emi & Jeff like theirs with a lot of kick) so I usually add 3-4 tablespoons of W sauce. Just thought I'd toss that out. Oh, and last thing, it needs Parmesan Goldfish crackers. Just because. :)
ReplyDeleteCheers, Kiy
I think I found my dinner idea! LOL!
ReplyDelete