Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sausage, Cabbage and Apples

As part of this weeks menu plan, I looked around and found a half a head of cabbage that needed to be used up. We also have some "church" sausage still from last year and the sausage dinner is less than a month away, so our old supply must be gone by March 1. So, this was the result

Sausage, Cabbage and Apples in the Crockpot

1 pound home style sausage links (or bratwurst)
1/2 a medium head of cabbage, wedged
3 apples, quartered and cored
1/2 onion
1 tea. Penzey's bratwurst seasoning

Put everything in a Crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Notes: I thought this turned out very good for something simple and with few ingredients. Of course, I love cabbage, so you could hardly go wrong. The sausage was pretty well done, but it still tasted really good.

You could substitute salt, pepper and your favorite seasoning for the bratwurst seasoning.

1 comment:

  1. Um. Cooked cabbage. For 6+ hours? Sorry, flashbacks to the Polish Grandma's house. I will try some of your other recipes though. :)

    Cheers, Kiy

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts: